Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 3: Jo Lankester Printmaking Residency @ Umbrella Studio Contemporary Arts

Welcome to my blog on printmaking.

I'm well into my 3rd day of my printmaking residency at Umbrella Studio, Contemporary Arts and I have had a very busy day completing an edition of the small three colour plate etching.

Barrier Reef Institute of TAFE students paid me a visit to see what I was up to as an artist in residence. Most of the students had some experience in printmaking and were able to ask relevant questions and see first hand how a limited edition is made in a professional studio.















I'm ready to move on to the larger plates and hope to have three plates ready for etching tomorrow evening.

I also printed a few Artist Proofs of the Lyre Bird to show Tate Adams















Happy printing,
Warmly,

Jo Lankester

No comments:

Post a Comment