Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 11: Jo Lankester Printmaking Residency @ Umbrella Studio Contemporary Arts

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read my blog on printmaking.

Day 11, of my printmaking residency at Umbrella Studio, Contemporary Arts was fantastic.

I printed a couple of proofs of the second and final three plate colour etching and have a strong BAT, (Bon a tier French for Good To Print.) to show Tate Adams, Lyre Bird Press.















I mixed my own black, 2/3 Charbonnel RSR & 1/3 Charbonnel 55985 and took this photo as a reference for when this batch runs out.















After taking this photo, I took another proof with the plates facing the other direction, including the Lyre Bird  on the reverse but facing the right way up. I did this because of the weight of the picture. The black in the top left corner of  the print in the foreground needed to be in the bottom right. And the large Burnt Siena shapes in the top print needed to be on the bottom of the page rather than at the top and center.

Once I pulled the prints, I felt there was a balance and harmony in the prints. They felt complete.

Happy printmaking.

Warmly,
Jo Lankester
Colour Etching (Printmaking Handbooks)Colour Etching (Printmaking Handbooks)

No comments:

Post a Comment