Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 17: Jo Lankester Printmaking Residency @ Umbrella Studio Contemporary Arts

Day 17: Printmaking residency at Umbrella Studio Contemporary Arts, Townsville

I arrived at the studio early to have another look at the prints before collecting Tate Adams to view the new work.

I had a lot of prints for him to look at and felt confident with the new plates.

Tate had redesigned the book layout and was excited to show me, it is now a bound book consisting of three pages, two of which fold out.

I had the prints all laid out on a large table and Tate swooped on the prints with an eager eye. He chose two very quickly saying they were much better than the two I showed him a few days ago and more in line with the 4 prints purchased by Perc Tucker Regional Gallery from my last group exhibition XXX+Why at Pinnacles Gallery, Riverway Arts Centre, Townsville.

As soon as Tate Adams left I commenced the first colour in the edition. The lines are so deeply etched that when all three plates are printed consecutively the ink bleeds. So I'll be printing one colour at a time.















Happy printmaking!

Warmly,
Jo Lankester

P.S Set aside one hour a day to keep in touch with your peers. Read about other artists. Look for competitions and other opportunities. Participate in an online forum.

P.P.S Discover how to turn your printmaking hobby into a profitable business www.howtogetstartedinprintmaking.com 

P.P.P.S You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment