Friday, June 25, 2010

Blossoming Printmaking Business Opportunities

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog on printmaking.

I have been presented with a unique opportunity to expand my printmaking business much earlier than I had planned by a local group called Renew Townsville.

Renew Townsville is a not for profit company limited by guarantee that finds short and medium term uses for buildings in Townsville's CBD that are currently vacant, disused or awaiting redevelopment. Renew Townsville describes itself as a 'permanent structure for temporary things'.

Renew Townsville finds artists, cultural projects and community groups to use and maintain these buildings until they become commercially viable or are redeveloped. The group is not set up to manage long term uses, own properties or permanently develop sites but to generate activity in them until a future long term activity happens.

I will be putting in an application to move my print studio into a shop front to operate as a gallery, print studio and office. The rent for the space is minimal allowing for the development of my creative endeavour possible. This is a great marketing opportunity taking my printmaking to new audienceS, and increasing my income stream. I will be able to expand my augmented printmaking products and services including, workshops, studio space and a place for printmakers to meet and discuss ideas, processes and projects.

The application process is simple and straight to the point; I hope to be operating by August when my new press is ready.

Happy printmaking.
Warmly,
Jo Lankester

P.S How understanding the 7 Secrets to Building a Printmaking Business has never been made easier. www.howtogetstartedinprintmaking.com   

P.P.S Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Albert Einstein
Jo Lankester
Stone V, 2010
Sugarlift Aquatint
12 x12.5cm
$90.00 AUD


© Jo Lankester 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment