The three main ways to recognizing and characterizing your printmaking audience are by:
- Identify the best way to reach your target audience by conducting post code analysis, and breaking your audience into the following sub groups, state, regions, cities, or suburbs.
- Identify the best way to reach your target audience by breaking your audience into sub (niche) groups by demographic profiling, age, sex, education levels, ethnic background, income or occupation.
- Within each sub group dig deeper and determine the most effective ways to reach niche groups within niche groups for e.g. Age; youth may respond best reached through social media and the older generations by post etc.
- Identify the best way to reach your target audience by patterns of behaviour such as how often they visit a gallery and if have they bought from you before.
- Comments book in the exhibition space recoding the name, address, phone number, email address age, and how they heard of the exhibition.
- Networking opportunities at exhibition openings, artist talks and art events can allow you to self promote and exchange business cards with people for future exhibition openings, newsletters etc.
- Website Opt in box to capture the name and email address of people interested in your printmaking products or services.
Segmenting your audience will give you a greater chance of reaching each niche group effectively increasing your conversion rates.
To your printmaking success,
Creative Income Coach
P.S Acquire the business skills you need to run a sustainable printmaking business today www.howtogetstartedinprintmaking.com
P.P.S Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
Seed Pods, 1999
56 x 76 cm
© Jo Lankester 2010