Monday, August 15, 2011

Linocut Printing at Brush & Press Studio with Guest Printmaker Karen Fiorito


Welcome to my blog about printmaking.

I have been working in my studio on an oversized linocut 80 x 120 cm for client Tate Adams in between major projects and with the help of Karen Fiorito I was able to complete the edition.

Karen has recently moved to Townsville from LA where she owns and operates her own printing press, Buddacat Press. We met through a mutual friend and fellow printmaker in Townsville, Sandra Wright. I called Karen and asked for to assistance with printing and advice on how to solve some technical issues I was having with my press.

Karen was fantastic in analysing all the contributing factors in the equation and together we have produced the most stunning linocut edition for Tate Adams.



















It has been the most enjoyable experience working with Karen and I look forward to working together on future projects.

Warmly,

Jo Lankester

P.S.  Say no to opportunities that won’t help you meet your goals.
Alyson B. Stanfield

5 comments:

  1. This all looks great. Just love the Renew Newcastle model (Renew Townsville). How did the lovely large press come about? Wouldn't I just love to own that. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jo. It was my pleasure and honor to work with you as well! Sorry I had the flu most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you get linoblocks and brayers that big?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchase 1 x 1.8 meter silkcut lino from a printmaking wholesaler in Melbourne Australia who also sell large rollers/brayers of varying diameters. Perhaps give your local print supply shop a call to see if they stock these products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. printing hervey bay you have a great taste of style and design.

    ReplyDelete