Monday, March 29, 2010

27 Days until the Installation of XXX+WHY Printmaking Exhibition, Pinnacles Gallery, Townsville, Australia

Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to join me, Jo Lankester, on my printmaking mission to exhibition with only 27 days to installation.
I've been busy today applying a spray aquatint to three of my recent plates. I have been perfecting this technique over the past few weeks whilst working on a zinc etching plate for Tate Adams. One of the secrets to succeeding with a spray aquatint is to only cover 40% of the plate with enamel spray paint, any more and it will block too much of the plate.




I have included an image of my aluminium plate etching in an acid bath of copper sulphate which was invented by Cedric Green and called Bordeaux Etch.

Here is a photo of me in my printmaking studio washing the plate after removing it from the acid bath.







Tomorrow I will proof all three plates in black individually then all three in black on one piece of paper. If I have time I will print a three colour plate etching also.

Warmly,
Jo Lankester

There are those who dream and wish and there are those who dream and work.
Jeune.E. McIntyre.

P.S If you are interested in the Bordeaux Etch recipe click on the link below http://www.printstudio.org.au/sa/copetch.html
 Joan Miro,The Finest Gift, Signed Etching and AquatintJoan Miro,The Finest Gift, Signed Etching and Aquatint

No comments:

Post a Comment