Sunday, April 28, 2019

Jo Lankester - Fundraising for the Australian Print Workshop

Impressions 2018 - APW

Supporting the fundraising efforts of the Australian Print Workshop is something I take pleasure in. Being a part of the biennial fundraising exhibition Impressions is a great feeling and something I look forward to. Working small is a challenge but I always manage to create something I'm happy with. I have been invited to contribute a print to the fundraising event over the past few years.

Impressions 2018 was a record-breaking fundraising success for APW. There were 182 artists from around Australia, over 750 prints were sold during the exhibition, and 27 editions fully sold out.

The money raised will enable the APW to continue to offer access to the APW's printmaking facilities at affordable rates.

This is the print that I contributed to Impression 2018.

Jo Lankester, Cortex - Wulguru, 2018

The pictures I make explore ideas of aesthetics, experience, and elements of the landscape; colour, line, texture, and form. My work is inspired by the unique combination of the regions’ dry and wet tropical landscape extending west of Townsville to Charters Towers, Magnetic Island, and as far North as Weipa.

SOLD OUT

Click here to purchase your copy through APW

No comments:

Post a Comment